Filmmakers Ink offers a University film school experience in a summer camp setting. Our young filmmakers have won multiple awards for filmmaking at the State level, and many have continued on to the best film schools in the country, including USC, Emerson and NYU. This summer we are offering classes in Filmmaking, Acting, Screenwriting, Editing and Special FX for 8 - 17 year olds. The Filmmakers Ink programs offer courses that train young filmmakers at four different skill levels and are designed to grow with their expanding knowledge of filmmaking. Guided by our staff of film professionals, our young filmmakers learn by doing as they develop the key creative and technical skills required for exceptional filmmaking as they become members of the filmmaking communities of Connecticut, New York and New Mexico.
Filmmakers Ink, under the leadership of award-winning filmmaker, Patrick McCullough (Sundance Film Festival Screenwriting finalist and Cine Golden Eagle winner), has set itself apart from other Summer and After-School Film Programs through the depth of knowledge and achievement in their staff, who’ve produced award-winning independent films, like Beautiful Kid featuring Pulitzer Prize-Winning author, Frank McCourt, which Variety called, a film with "astonishing integrity."
Other working filmmakers will be on hand for instruction, including Joe Hertz, Animation instructor at the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts, Sabrina Durling-Jones, Documentary Filmmaker and Tim McCullough, crew member on dozens of major studio films such as True Grit, JFK, Interview With a Vampire, Ray, Wild Hogs, an upcoming George Clooney film and a bio pic on Georgia O'Keefe.
- Filmmakers Ink offers a University experience in a camp setting
- Filmmakers Ink provides intensive creative instruction in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, giving each young filmmaker a strong foundation in collaboration, imagination, creativity and storytelling.
- The actors will perform in the films the filmmakers direct, based on the scripts the filmmaker/screenwriter creates.
- We suggest that, if possible, over time, students take classes in all our different disciplines. We want them to experience all aspects of Filmmaking.
- Whether writing, directing or acting in the role you were born to play, you will never forget this experience.